Art & Story Alive! Episode 85
[private]It’s beards, motion comics, 24-hour comics, and webcomics up to the hilt on this episode of Art & Story Alive!
After a brief report from Ryan Dow on his experience at 24-hour comic day, we tackle a topic proposed by Collin Lenzen: Alternatives to simply displaying a full comic page online. (Full pages online can seem too small to read.) Pros and Cons of displaying fewer panels (but larger panels) at once on screen.
We then briefly talk a bit about motion comics, offering our opinion that perhaps they should be called animatics instead.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Ghettomation-new episode this week!
- Audra Furuichi’s Compeito comics
- Get Clicky webstats
- Scott McCloud’s Google Chrome Comic
- Issuu – an interesting web publishing platform
- Matt Munn’s Zed Reckoning
- Sara Turner’s latest mini-comic!
- Comic Book Fonts, where we purchased the Joe Kubert font
- Mark will be appearing at APE this month!
To read a transcript of the chat client from this or any episode of Art & Story Alive, and to hear from all of the great listeners who couldn’t make it into the audio, check out this Talkshoe Transcript Generator, and type in the Show ID 14504. There’s a lot of great content in the chat that never makes it into the recording!