Art & Story 194 – The Big Panel Shape
[private]This week we take on a question put to us by Mark Harmon:
How do you approach the panel shapes on a page? Especially when you are working for a client who has in the script the set number of panels already. If I want to break from the “grid” system and do something a little more experimental, how do I make that work and not confuse the reader as to which panel goes first and so on?
We spend an hour or so responding with thoughts on communicating with the client, breaking a page into discrete areas of concern, and our own tastes in regards to panel borders.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Mark Harmon’s books on The Illustrated Section
- Radio, Mark and Kevin’s new zine
- The Kickstarter campaign for Mark’s Dagon
- The Front, Chapter 2, Page 2
- Jerzy will be speaking at Ignite Great Lakes on July 30
The Art & Story Theme is written and performed by Mike Gilmore & Mike Johnston of The Northwoods Improvisors.
Audio hosting for Art & Story is provided by Ka-Blam Digital Printing