Art & Story 167 – The Big Broad Stroke
[private]This time we have a bit of an overview conversation about working as professional illustrators. Though the discussion is broad and introductory, we wind up narrowing our beams on the following topics:
- Pricing our work
- Finding new jobs
- Using social media in our promotions
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Mail Chimp, an email marketing service
- Mad Mimi, another email marketing service
- Graphic Artists Guild Handbook: Pricing & Ethical Guidelines
- Rob Stenzinger’s comic about the new Mini-Comics Dump Truck project, exclusive to subscribers to Art & Story Supreme!
- Art & Story Alive! episode 92, where Kevin and Mark talk about the Mini-Comics Dump Truck with the people who are participating in the project
- Jerzy’s Justin TV channel, where you can watch him draw!
- Applications are open to table at Kids Read Comics!
The Art & Story Theme is written and performed by Mike Gilmore & Mike Johnston of The Northwoods Improvisors.
Audio hosting for Art & Story is provided by Ka-Blam Digital Printing